Friday

Sweet Dreams

Am lying here dreaming,
Closed eyes and bated breath;
Your scent all over me,
Feels like a smoke ring . . .

Untouchable, unattainable,
Uncatcheable;
In your arms I am nothing and everything . . .
Will you kiss me?

Like this,
I fall,
Tears dripping from helpless lashes
That rise and fall like
Hunting lips,
Wide open to reveal my eyes;
Like the searching tongue that caresses
And pursues,
My open, seeking eyes are revealing you.

And if you will only understand me,
Believe me when I promise you I am
Not going to destroy you,
Not going to break you . . .
We shall fly untouched, unbreakable,
Undeniable . . .

Be not afraid when I kiss you,
Do not fear that I shall hurt you,
But, more truthfully,
Do not fear the pain,
For pain in love between two hearts
Is what makes love far more exquisite
Than lust or temporary need . . .

And I need you,
But like oxygen,
Pure and clear,
You grant me light,
You give me crystalline enjoyment of the world,
And when I fall to you,
I am deified . . .

So, shall I be a goddess for you,
Shall I be a fantasy?
Shall I make your dreams come true,
Shall I be your queen?

Sweet dreams, my love;
Mmm, feel my lips cross your brow,
So gentle, the touch love;
Do trust me, my darling . . .

Sweet dreams . . .
And I shall grant them to you,
Shall bless you with ecstasy
In me, in us:

Like this, pure love . . .
Sweet dreams . . .

Miriam M. Wynn

No comments: